Hola beautiful goddesses!!!
I’ve been soaking up inspiration wherever I could find it this week, lovely!
here’s all my favourites to share with you, dearest…
A scrumptious earthy goddess song to begin us off, via the beyoootiful Jenica.
Utterly ADORED my dear goddess friend Pixie’s video on her Sacred Tools this week. And then this post of hers on how she combines mamahood, creativity & spirithood blew my cotton socks off. Thank you dearest woman, for being you, and for sharing your truth, wisdom & light.
Attention! Live in North Queensland, or feeling called to Goddess town in tropical paradise for a holy-day? My dear friend & highschool buddy Akiah is making big magic flow & the North Queensland Spiritual Festival has been born! Me & Ostara have been making the trek across the paddock to go visit her most days to brainstorm some more. I’ll be at the festival doing readings & maybe a mini workshop. It’s on in April ~ I’d love to see you there if you are called (& yus, you can be a stallholder too!)
Love this post on unique homes at Hellena Post.
50 Ways to Woo Your Muse from ze one I keep linking to… lovely Cass.
I’ve been listening to the audio meditations from How to Rule Your World by my dear Hiro Boga all week. Crying and healing and meditating all at once. Her work is deep and intensive and so very, very needed.
Thanks to Tiny Buddha: On Living With Honor.
I love Gaping Void’s book on creativity: Ignore everybody.
How could I not with these tips?
1. Ignore everybody.
2. The idea doesn’t have to be big. It just has to be yours.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being “discovered” by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
11. Don’t try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
12. If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody else’s outside.
14. Dying young is overrated.
15. The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not.
16. The world is changing.
17. Merit can be bought. Passion can’t.
18. Avoid the Watercooler Gang.
19. Sing in your own voice.
20. The choice of media is irrelevant.
21. Selling out is harder than it looks.
22. Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
23. Worrying about “Commercial vs. Artistic” is a complete waste of time.
24. Don’t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
25. You have to find your own schtick.
26. Write from the heart.
27. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
28. Power is never given. Power is taken.
29. Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
30. The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
31. Remain frugal.
32. Allow your work to age with you.
33. Being Poor Sucks.
34. Beware of turning hobbies into jobs.
35. Savor obscurity while it lasts.
36. Start blogging.
37. Meaning Scales, People Don’t.
37. When your dreams become reality, they are no longer your dreams.
Inner Toddler cracks me up. Daily Schedule Derailed by Astrological Shift.
On the topic (or off the topic)… there’s been muchos talk around ze interwebs & in ze Goddess Circle about how/if our star signs are changing.
You want to know my thoughts?
The idea that we can change star signs excites me. It’s change. It’s evolution. It’s growth.
It means that potentially I’m not a lusty, passionate, over-the-top extremist Scorp anymore. My gawd, I really have loved being a Scorpio.
But the idea of being a Libra excites me. Finding balance. Calm. Heartspace. Compassion. Gentleness in my life.
I don’t really care either way if the shift is right or wrong, happening or not.
What I do know is that it excites me.
How lovely would it be to take a turn being all star signs? Maybe we’d evolve through them every year or every day?
Maybe we’d just be whole?
And to follow that up with something totally serious, deep and spiritual poignant: The Bloggess looks adorable in a panda suit! That woman has me silently howling with laughter into my pillow (so as to not wake up Ostara).
This photo by beautiful goddess sister Maggie Ann is divine.
Mama Goddess Corner…
My love found this article & thought I might need to read it. He was right. Childbirth & post-traumatic stress. Maybe you do to, beautiful heart?
” Have you lost the baby that came out your vagina?”
A very, very sweet, real love story.
You can thank Chris for dis one: The Nobel Funk Off.
Also thanks to loverboy… this should be a public service announcement. HOW TO MAKE CHURROS ommmnommnomm.
And happiness in my world…
I’ve been a wee bit quiet this week… gestating, healing, feeling sunburnt both physically & soulfully. So I’ve been honouring it with a bit of Cave Time. Going to bed at 7pm. Getting intuitive healings & reflexology. Doing whatever I can to give myself what I need….
Here’s my top six moments this week:
Adored Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. Honestly? I wasn’t a massive fan of Eat Pray Love. But Committed had my bells ringing. I dog-eared like nine pages of AHA! moments in it.
I went on an artist’s date and serendipitously ended up at an outdoor pub here and ordered a banana split. And then I was served this mountain of deliciousness. It was totally a miracle resplendent in shaved chocolate and biscuit chunks.
It’s banana splits like these that confirm for me that Great Spirit really DOES exist. Hee!
Ostara’s worked out how to draw! It was such a gorgeous night… we were drawing with felt tip pens for so long. Happy heart!
And I’ve been apainting too. And anytime I have paint on my hands, I’m a happy girl.
And for the awwwwwwwwww! moment of the week…
while I was painting on the verandah, Chris was reading in a chair beside me while Ostara & Charlie were having best bud moments looking out the screen door together.
So YAY! for beautiful moments. Thanks universe… for always making miracles.
Wishing you bundles of love as always, lovely one…
May you give yourself just what you need.