Hola gorgeous goddess!!!
A special treat for you today!
How to make your own magical wall hanging in just 17 steps!
1. Fall in love with the old war time saying:
2. Make it you & your love’s motto for getting through the shittiest year of your lives.
3. Consider buying a crappy, overpriced, kinda-blah tin wall hanging of it to adorn your space & remind you.
4. Decide to make it yourself.
5. Scavenge for a piece of crappy plywood found in the prehistoric relics in the Creative Caravan.
6. Take baby out in yard & gesso it in about 3.7 seconds flat, artfully making sure baby a.) has fun & makes art whilst b.) not ingesting said gesso.
7. Consider repainting to make a bright bold colour (or at least fill in the crappy paint job). Decide instead to leave it and call it shabby chic. WOO!
8. Think about painting on the letters. With adorable baby & exploring fingers, this would mean certain death of a.) my zen and b.) a somewhat readable sign work.
9. Instead, go the easy & happy option. This is always the best option for mamas.
10. Gather up scrapbooking paper & scraps of paper that me & Star Baby have painted all over.
10.5. Decide inspiration is less muted-hipster-vintage colours & more Eric Carle colours.
11. Cut letters out (quickly) while Star Baby takes every scrap of spare paper, shoves & unshoves them into an envelope, sprinkles them on the floor, wants to get onto the floor to play with scraps, wants to get back on chair to get to envelope again, crawls over table to procure marker to write all over self, crawls onto me to get back onto floor again, wants a boobfeed, attempts to procure the scissors, goes searching for the dogs & leaves a trail of scrap paper wherever she goes.
12. Attempting to do anything with lil kids is an exercise in becoming a bodhisattva.
13. Wait till baby is asleep & I have finished watching Youtube to start glueing letters into place.
14. Use wood glue PVA kinda stuff. Just incase you were wondering.
15. Handsome husband watches & takes photos & looks cute & reads a book & tells me about the latest psychology research on how reading novels develops the brain. He’s hot.
16. FINISHED! HAPPY!
17. Now residing in kitchen. Looking adorable.
WE DID IT!!!! WE MADE OUR OWN AWESOME KEEP CALM WALL HANGING!!! HIGH FIVE SELF!!!!
As we dive into this celebration season… why not spend some time creating?
LOVE! COLOURS! MAKING ART! HAPPY DAYS!
If you LOVED this post, you’ll probably really freakin’ adore: