It’s important for me as a creative to make sure I’m consuming good quality creations… not just a mindless scroll of blabbering.
Here’s my scrapbook of all the things that have fed my eyes, heart, brain & soul over the last month. I usually collect all the things that inspire me in my art journal… consider this my digital version!
Filled with things I’ve read, things I’ve beauty, things I’ve watched…
Get yourself a big ole cup of tea… this is a long one!
Hilarious 18th century self portraits. Instant memes material!
These photos of England make me long long long to visit.
- How to never apologise to a trans person
- Depression & me
- AMEN AMEN AMEN: Please for goodness sake, start a mailing list
- Men have no friends & women bear the burden
- What if we got adoption all wrong?
- My baby son left a legacy of love.
- Karen Maezen Miller always has a way of speaking words that capture my heart:
I always think: oh no, not again, not now, not me. But what will I do? I will love the trees, the leaves, and especially the rake. I will love the sky, the wind, the rain, and the pond scoop. I will love the fall and the fallen. I will love my life, which is yours too, and I will cry your tears.
- Author & entrepreneur Kimberly Wilson quits Facebook
- Is cryptocurrency ethical to invest in?
- A blogger quits Instagram for good
- The noisier our digital lives get, the more popular the humble newsletter becomes.
- Comic: First two weeks with Georgia
- Awful: Facebook fed posts with violence and nudity to people with low digital literacy
- Fascinating: Starbucks is a bank that sells coffee
- Touching: The One Thing That Surprised Me After My Breakup.
“So, what do you do with all those inside jokes that no longer have an audience? The jokes that require a backstory to explain (and aren’t even funny to anyone else)?”
This sometimes flits across my mind when I think about having to live without Dawsy when we’re old and grey. We’ve already got two decades of in jokes that make us wheeze with tears but nobody on the planet would ever, ever understand.
- Funny but also exhaustingly true: “Wait, But Have You Tried…“
- Comic: Parenting Double Standards
- I’ve been doing the Scandinavian sleep secret for nearly 20 years with my love, and it works brilliantly!
- Vaccines vs microbes
- Comic: I used to think I was a calm person
- A notebook > a journal
- Interior design predictions
- Heartwarming: 99 Good News Stories You Probably Didn’t Hear About In 2021
“Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.”
– Buckminster Fuller
I also watched and adored:
Righto, this has been an absolute JOY.
And to think… when I was wasting my life scrolling social media, I wasn’t remembering ANYTHING important, useful, good or beautiful. I was just reading mindless, forgettable trash. Quitting social media & starting to mindfully consume brilliant creations again? Life changing. Brain healing. Wildly joyful.
Here’s to all the creators!