Tomorrow I’m off to crash a 2015 workbook party.
(Also: I had a dream about TayTay three nights ago, and I was walking up a mountain, and she was walking beside me, and she was hilarious + crude (even naughtier than me which I adore) + super smart, and we basically became best friends. Somehow, I feel like things have intangibly changed between us. Does she feel the deep dream bond too? I like to think so. I think she’d call me Lolabear in her head.)
ANYWAYS, here’s how it went down (in non-dreamland):
A lovely chick I know who lives an hour away let me know she was hosting a 2015 workbook party for her friends and peeps she knew who all do the workbooks.
I immediately told her I would be gatecrashing it.
I was going to do it as a big secret, but I only lasted two weeks and then I burst out with it because I am incapable of keeping a secret.
Here’s how this one was organised:
- Bel selected a day, date and time.
- She hired a little venue space (a cute cottage!)
- She created a Facebook event to advertise it
- She invited all her friends + peeps she knew + let it be open invite
- She asked everyone to contribute a few dollars towards venue hire + bring food to share
- She’s already let everyone know there will be three-monthly check-in events to help each other along.
You should totally have a planning party too!
It’s really the best idea ever!
Grab a bunch of girlfriends.
Go through workbooks together.
(If not everyone has printed books yet, you can work through digital versions together — they are available instantly! Bowchickybowbowinstantgratification)
Have a fiesta for dreams.
Make space in your lives because it’s damn important.
Here’s how I’ve organised one in the past:
- I got together four friends.
- We asked a massage place if we could have a massage/planning party.
- They had two massage therapists who gave massages throughout the party.
- We all brought food to share.
- We split costs between us.
Here’s how to make it even better:
- Organise in advance (AND STICK TO IT) that you all meet up AT LEAST every three months for a review.
- Talk about your goals with each other. The more you tell each other your dreams, the more likely you are to stick with it. Also, the more likely people will help you with those dreams. People love to help!
- I’ve said it a hundred frikkin million times, but I’ll say it again:
THE MORE YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE, LIKE MINDED, MOTIVATED SOULS WHO ARE GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS YOU… THE HAPPIER, MORE SUCCESSFUL + MORE ABUNDANT YOU WILL BE.
Hint. Hint. Hint.
Holy freaaaakin batman, do I need to spell it out any clearer?
- The more you meet up, the faster your goals and dreams will come true.
Weekly? Monthly? It’s up to you. How much do you want your dreams?
- YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CREATES IT.
Don’t wait around for anyone else to organise shit. Set a date, tell people, get it happening. You might only get two people. Or one. That’s fine. That’s GREAT! That’s a start! Go with that for now!
- At the very, very least, hook up with some online friends + have a Skype date for a few hours to go through it together.
If you really want change, that’s what it takes.
Effort. Initiative. Commitment. Collaboration. Masterminding.
You get to choose.
YAY or NAY?