Remember the days when we used to read blogs to find interesting things around the internet?
And then we kind of just… gave up on the internet and started reading social media instead. Which stridently forces you to stay in social media land and not venture out to independently published sites.
Fuck dat I say.
So here’s some goodies I’ve found from around the web… let’s make the web wondrous again!
- On the 20th anniversary of the blog… let’s bring back the self-published internet. AMEN.
- SBSK is hands down my favourite Youtube channel.
Chris is a special education teacher who interviews people with different abilities. They are incredibly profound. My brother was born with cerebral palsy + he and his friends were some of the best teachers of my childhood.
- I’m also addicted to Squirmy and Grubs.
They were interviewed on SBSK as an interabled couple, and now I can’t get enough of them. Funny as fuck + educational too! I HEART!
- This weekend, I’m listening to The Waifs on repeat.
Me and Chris used to listen to them when we were childfree and sitting in the sunlight, reading on weekends. We’ve been doing the same this weekend, just with children sprawled around us, and it feels beautifully full circle.
- Tonic recipe to increase immunity.
My naturopath mate Sarah shared some solid tips on warding off colds and flus. I made her tonic recipe today. And, of course, if you’re an essential oil lover like me – OnGuard blend is your friend.
- Five teens who changed the world.
Brave young visionairies, may you continue to show us the way. Thank you for your courage and truth-telling. I’m following.
- If you want to read more about someone else who downsized…
Risk + Resilience by Lisa Messenger is brilliant. I read it in one sitting in the bathtub. She shares her own story of having to close down her popular magazine and pivot.
Having said that… I also wish these Instagrammers had blogs and I’m really grateful for what they do share!
- Rain Dove: genderqueer activist and model
- The Flamingo and the Fox: rainbow home decor inspo
- Notes From Your Therapist: every.damn.day. her posts hit my heart.
- AlecWithPen: hilarious, ridiculous comic artist
- ChellaMan + MaryV: a tender-hearted deaf + gender queer couple
- No White Saviours: important education on where charity work can veer into racism.
Hope these bring you joy!