Updated as of
27 2829 December 2014 with the latest shipping info!
I wanted to give you an update about 2015 printed workbook orders.
We’ve had some huge delays along the way with the workbooks. I wanted to give you a headsup about what’s happening and when you can expect your books. I’m all for total open-book-ness. You’ve placed your trust in me. That’s not a responsibility I take lightly by any means. So I want to tell you exactly what’s happening, and what you can expect.
(Not digital workbook orders! If you’ve ordered them and they haven’t arrived in your email, email us el pronto – email@example.com and we’ll get you sorted ASAP!)
- This year, we decided to self-publish + distribute the books ourselves so that we could create a much better product for you (spiral bound! free wall planner! more awesomeness! bonus accompanying meditation MP3 + goal-setting course delivered by email!) at a better/more stable price! I utterly know for sure it was the right thing to do, and it’s also been a huuuuuuge undertaking with many, many late nights + nutty days by me, my love, my team, our printers and our mailing houses to try and get this baby out in time.
- We totally considered doing mailing from in-house so we could have more control. We ran the figures and knew we would be totally unable to keep up with demand of sending up to a thousand books a day. I love my post office lady Cindy a LOT… but not enough to be spending all day every day at the post office with her writing a gazillion Customs declarations!
- We outsourced + found mailing house experts + have contracted mailing houses in THREE countries – UK, US & AUS – to try and make shipping as fast and affordable for you as possible. Unfortunately this has totally added to the complexity of it all!
- We were scheduled to start delivering books from 1 December. We opened orders before then as pre-orders.
- We’ve been hearing that some lovely enthusiastic peeps found our hidden test sales pages before they were live, and placed orders before our shopping cart was live, and before we’d even announced the workbooks. If you placed an order before 18 November, chances are you’ve placed a fake order (that would also not have processed with your credit card). I’m sorry – we were caught completely unaware. A little bit like being caught naked as we were changing! Please fill out this form to make sure we have your order.
- UK + Aus mailing houses started delivering books from 1 December. Books are being sent out daily from these centres.
We’ve had relatively very few issues with postal services in Australia, UK + countries close to those mailing houses, so if you haven’t received your book within a week of ordering, please fill out this form so we can check up on it!
- US (+ Canada + South America) orders were delayed as US Customs held up our shipment. We then ran into a huge amount of (frustrating, painful) issues with our US mailing house not fulfilling their service obligations to us. We are considering taking legal action, because we hate how much their issues have become ours and yours. That’s not fun or fair. We are now doing everything we can to get them relocated to a faster, more efficient mailing house (which is bloody hard during the holidays, but we’re doing everything we can). All orders placed before 20 December should already be in the mail to you or delivered.
- US shipping will resume
January 5 at the latest (due to mailing houses having holiday shutdowns and the transfer of US books from that (dishonest, dastardly, disorderly) mailing house to one that is super efficient and has their shit in order. Because that’s bloody important!) You can expect after that date that orders placed that day will be sent out that day. We are doing everything we can (and by everyone I mean me, Chris, our staff, our tech company, the new mailing house + our transfer company) to get them there faster and shipping before January 5. I’m sorry. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all happen RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT. Unfortunately, we’re working around a bunch of outside parameters. This is the time I reallllllllly want my own squad of drones ala Amazon-style. I would pimp them with glittering unicorn horns and it would be wonderful and magical. Until that happens, we’re working with getting books through endless permits + shipping constraints.Hooray! We have some unicorns!!! We will resume shipping Thursday January 1 at the latest! All US orders that have not already been sent out will be sent out that day (or even earlier – Wednesday possibly!).
Here’s the behind the scenes goss about that: Our incredible tech team at animasweb.com are going on a Save The Books Mission to claim our books from a shitty, inept mailing house… and are taking them on an epic roadtrip across the US to a wonderful, better, faster, bigger mailing house. Our new mailing house will be able to get your books to you so much faster and with fewer issues. EXACTLY how we like it!!!
- UK shipping – our mailing house is still open intermittently over Christmas/New Year’s holidays, so will still be shipping.
- AUS shipping –
our mailing house has agreed to come in on their holidays (29th Dec) to send out all orders made before then, and then will be back to normal running speedAll orders up to December 29th have been sent out, and they will resume normal shipping next week – Monday Jan 5.
- You will be sent a shipping confirmation [and tracking number if available] once your workbooks have been sent out from the mailing house. Unfortunately we are unable to provide shipping and tracking information prior to the mailing center sending this email to you.
- We’ve heard from some Australians that they didn’t realise workbooks were priced in US dollars and wondered why they are. I wanted to be totally transparent with you so you know why we sell in US dollars (for all our stuff, and have for years):
– We sell the vast majority of our books to the US. They are our major market. On top of this, we sell to over 70 countries. US currency is far more easily recognised than Australian.
– We can’t sell in more than one currency due to our shopping cart.
– We prominently display on every single purchase button that it is in US dollars.
– If you’re not sure what the exchange rate is from US dollars to AUS, you can always check a currency convertor website like this one.
- If you haven’t received your order, please, please fill out this form. We’ll be able to confirm for you whether your order has been received, and that it’s been sent to the mailing house for them to send your book out to you. We can’t control how quickly they then send the book out because it depends on their shipping loads + containers, but they promise us that it is happening as fast as they can.
- Filling out this form is the best, quickest way for us to get things resolved. I think sometimes we all get a bit complacent and think Facebook comments are enough. Unfortunately, they do get lost in the blend – we don’t see them, and you don’t see when we’ve replied to you. Also, the joy of filling out the form is that we are much more easily able to find your order for you!
- My lovely support fairies (Joyce, Erin + Amber) are working their lil fingers off right now. We are getting a huge amount of emails as this is our busiest month of the year. We are trying to get to your emails as fast as we can and we are receiving hundreds upon hundreds of emails each day which require a whole lot of love and attention.
Thank you all so so so much for your orders, love + enthusiasm.
This has been such a hugely frustrating and at times quite scary journey as we deal with organisations that are outside of our control (Customs + the distribution houses!). When I rule the world, this shiz would get sorted el pronto!
We’re doing absolutely everything we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
I’m so sorry this is taking so long. I’m so sorry for the hiccups. We’re doing absolutely everything we can. And of course, I’ll be sharing every bloody lesson we’ve learned along the way! Needless to say, setting up an international publishing company has been a freaking whirlwind of calamities.
I know next year it will be SO SO SO much better for you. We’ll have the kinks in the system ironed out + it will be a much much faster process. Thank you for bearing with us. I’m sorry for not being able to get it to you quicker.
I really realllllly love this workbook, and I am fiercely proud of what we’ve managed to pull off this year. I think you are going to be absolutely delighted once it is in your hands… creating the magic for you.
Until then… GROUP HUGS!!!!
Love you all long time,