had the pleasure of seeing salsabor, my dear friend andrea’s salsa school performing at lunch today. they have just been selected to compete at the Los Angeles Salsa Congress in 2006. if you’re an canberra~ite, looking to put some hot stuff in your step, salsabor might be just the right spice!
“We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.”
“When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.”
and here’s my surprise silly magic shot of the day… we were driving home, when i caught sight of a stuffed lion enjoying the view from the back of a truck near us. i made chris drive along beside him while i took happy snaps of the crazy magic lion… and i *adore* how the pic worked out.
Symptoms of Inner Peace
Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of interest in judging other people.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom).
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
From Creative Growth