As part of my Blogs > Social Media experiment, I’ve noticed my inspiration, attention span & consumption of quality, thoughtful content is way up. Whereas in an hour of Insta scrolling left me a vacuous memory-less hole, an hour of reading blogs fills me UP UP UP until I am brimming with ideas & insights & itching to create.
Here’s a scrapbook of inspiration I’ve been collecting as I go.
Raych Pony Gold is me + my tween girl’s latest shared obsession. So much so that she is sitting beside me as I type this, writing a fangirl letter to Raych. Be still my creative mama heart! I joined Raych’s Patreon so I can get her magical postcards each month… the level of squee we get out of one postcard together is unreal!
Stunning collage artwork by Vanessa Brantley-Newton
This artwork by L Hensens feels like a memory, a familiar moment I recognise.
Mattias Adolfsson is my new favourite being.
The colours in Tammy Garcia’s work makes my eyes so happy.
- Robin Rendle’s Essay on Newsletters is utterly beautiful & gorgeously designed
- Fascinating, but not surprising. Instagram doesn’t give a shit about your time or your business. It just wants you to use it MORE.
- A Late Night Walk… eerily beautiful. I sighed audibly when I read the last paragraph.
- Dear Sugar: The Ghost Ship That Didn’t Carry Us
I’ll never know and neither will you of the life you don’t choose. We’ll only know that whatever that sister life was, it was important and beautiful and not ours. It was the ghost ship that didn’t carry us. There’s nothing to do but salute it from the shore.
- On Friendship Breakup. Oh, this was precious & heartwrenching all at once.
A friendship break is more of that creeping dull ache in your side that, although mostly ignorable, never fully goes away. There is secrecy and shame in admitting you were dumped by a friend. Even writing this right now, I’m imagining some of you reading it and thinking…what must be wrong with her?
Misc + Sundry
From James Clear
May we be deeply nourished by all we consume.