It’s important for me as a creative to make sure I’m consuming good quality creations… not just a mindless scroll of blabbering.
Here’s my scrapbook of all the things that have fed my eyes, heart, brain & soul over the last month. I usually collect all the things that inspire me in my art journal… consider this my digital version!
And guess what?
NONE of this stuff is on social media. It’s all on good ole fashioned blogs, purveyor of inspiration WITHOUT all the harmful addiction and algorithms!
There is a big, beautiful and vibrant community of creatives out there. It’s inspiring to be a part of.
On with the show!
from Grant Snider
- The Oatmeal update on how to reach people in 2021.
- On Being Colonisers
- “She nearly died while fighting a fire. All she could think about was the tragedy of dying while still a virgin.“
- Blogging tips from a few decades of blogging
- Don’t Piss Off Bradley. This made me laff & laff & laff. I mean, just the beginning is incredible:
“The world’s greatest hoard of original Atari equipment is guarded by a very temperamental, very devoted dragon named Bradley.”
- Dead Start Up Toys. This made me chortle significantly.
- “I’m now at a point where I believe social media is a public health threat.”
- I Just Learned I Have Only Months To Live. Ooof. Such clarity. Such love.
- Unexpected friends from the pandemic
- Population: Us. An illustrator becomes increasingly disgruntled with social media.
- Wombats really ARE fucking awesome: a comic.
- New website I love: Mother Of All Lists.
Sheep herding patterns from above: mesmerising.
- Fascinating graphs on songs with same-sex relationship lyrics through the ages. Representation matters!
- Back to the future with RSS
- The love letters of Virginia Woolf & Vita Sackville-West
A tour of a watercolour paint factory
- The human wonders what time is: a comic
- Pop-up newsletters are the greatest newsletter
- I love me a good handwritten & drawn letter
Gemma Correll is queen of the LOLZ
- This podcast episode on Queerness & God gave me full blown body chills & made me cry.
- This edition of Barbie Girl hits a bit differently this time:
“I belong everywhere I go, no matter where it is, or who it I am with, as long as I never betray myself. The minute I become who you want me to be, in order to fit in and make sure people like me, is the moment I no longer belong anywhere.”
– Brene Brown
via Swiss Miss
Get creative! Share your work with the world!
Miracles will come your way when you do!
All My Love,
Weekly love letters
Podcast: Leonie Dawson Refuses To Be Categorised
A library of free treasures
💥. Marketing Without Social Media
Money, Manifesting & Multiple Streams of Income
40 Days To A Finished Book
40 Days To Create & Sell Your E-Course