It’s important for me as a creative to make sure I’m consuming good quality creations… not just a mindless scroll of blabbering.
Here’s my scrapbook of all the things that have fed my eyes, heart, brain & soul over the last few months. I usually collect all the things that inspire me in my art journal… consider this my digital version!
Filled with things I’ve read, things I’ve beauty, things I’ve watched…
Get yourself a big ole cup of tea… this is a long one!
Also… special request! If you like these scrapbooks & want to see more, please do email in to let me know!
Rebecca Green shares the process of illustrating a picture book… I fucking love her gorgeous & informative blog posts!
Tara Leaver takes An Impromptu Artist’s Date
Coastal Beach House Tour from Thistlewood Farms
I can barely COPE with the cuteness of this donkey by Stephanie K Birdsong!
The designs of Olivia Herrick
Cluttercore is my style statement.
- Fast, Cheap & Out of Control: The Inside Rise of Shein
- As Good As It Gets: the touching story of being present during a loved one’s end of life.
- ADHD & Exhaustion. Oooooof. Enough said.
- Ancestors, Luck & Descendants – Derek Sivers
“The choices of your ancestors led to the circumstances of your life.”
- How Is Felix? I love when people get super fucking obsessed with capturing data about their lives. Riveting reading for me! I get a little statistics boner in my pantaloons.
- I stayed in bed for 3 days. Fuck yeah, can’t wait.
- The long & twisting path to creating a 5 figure income by Samuel Thomas Davis
- I always love Lucy Bellwood’s sharings on creativity:
“The Greeks said that to be enthusiastic was to be filled with God.”
- I fucking love this idea: having an annual holiday with a friend!
- I love old-style freeform talking shit blogging. Bring it baccccccccccccck.
- Swiss Miss’ curation is exquisite: Don’t Hesitate, No Feeling Is Final & Small Kindnesses
- Abortion is Freedom
“There is nothing more holy in the world than choosing if, when, or how you create a family, which is why abortion is one of our most sacred rights.”
“Do not be afraid to disappear, from it, from us, for a while and see what comes to you in the silence.” – Michaela Coel
And because I seem to collect articles about fucking off social media, here’s a wee list of them:
“It sends chills down my spine to watch others build businesses on Instagram and TikTok”
“It didn’t take much self-reflection for Weiss to identify the problem: his phone. He recognized that he increasingly colonized his “quiet time” with digital distractions. As a result, his work felt “chaotic and disorganized.” Throwing more hours at the problem didn’t help: “I was working more than ever, but getting less done.”
- Laura Bray documents her life & business without social media: Leaving Social Media, How To Stay Friends Without Social Media and Marketing without social media.
- The Oatmeal’s comic on how to discover videos on social media.
- Ronny Chieng on how the financial setup of the US is bananaramas
- Love is Blind: Japan. I got obsessed with the US version a few months ago. Damn I’m loving the Japanese version!
- Heartstopper because the books and the series are all fucking exquisite. 10/10
- Dead Pixels: like an updated version of the IT Crowd, this time focussing on gamers. Makes me cackle like a chook.
If you love these scrapbooks, please do email in and let me know! They are a bit of work to pull together, but if you love ’em, I’ll keep sharing them!
May you stay inspired & deeply nourished by what you creatively consume!
TIME LEFT TO ENROL:
- Newsletter with absoloodely everything I create
- Weekly love letters
- Podcast: Leonie Dawson Refuses To Be Categorised
- A library of free treasures
- Goal Getter workbooks for 2022 & beyond!
- Calm Christmas Planner
- Salt: a hottttt romance novella (published under my pen name Lola Leigh)