Hola gorgeous souls,
A couple of months back, I announced the school a few of me and my friends chipped in to pay for with Pencils of Promise.
I couldn’t be happier (or tearier) to present to you a report + photos of the impact we had on this school in Ghana.
We were inspired to donate through Pencils of Promise after reading the founder Adam’s bio… what a beautiful read!
Here’s the report in of what we were able to achieve!
Prior to the school being built:
- Students did not have access to formal classrooms. Instead, they were taught in deteriorating provisional structures made of mud, thatch and corrugated metal.
- The structures lacked formal windows and walls between rooms. As a result, noise from adjacent classes and the surrounding environment made it difficult for students to focus and concentrate while in class.
- The open-air layout allowed insects to move freely through the facility, disturbing students as they were learning.
- When it rained, water seeped into the ground, causing puddles to form and muddying the classroom floor.
Here’s what we accomplished…
- Building and fitout of new classes
- New ceiling fans, blackboards, benches, desks in the classrooms
- New doors, walls and windows
- 173 students have been impacted by this project
It’s because of your workbook purchases and Academy memberships that we can do magical things like this. So thank you… thank you for choosing a company that is committed to changing the world.
Big love + gratitude,