Today I want to provide you with some tools and things to do when you’re feeling really anxious.
- Talk it out with someone empathetic and compassionate, who’s willing to listen instead of “fix”
- Spend time in nature and the outdoors
- Name three things you can smell, see, feel and hear
- Intuitive healing (Kerry Rowett and Hiro Boga)
- Controlled breathing
- Ask yourself questions: “Is this going to matter in 5 days? 5 months?”
- Essential oils
- EFT (tapping)
- Therapy (CBT)
- Reading about CBT can have a similar effect to actually doing
- Knitting (and other repetitive arts)
- Yoga and Pilates
- Talking to your doctor
- Art journalling
- Weighted blankets
- Firm hugs (mammalian care giving response system + Kristin Neff)
Just to reiterate: this is one sweary motherfucker of a podcast. So if you listen to it around kids… they will defo learn some new vocabulary from Aunty Leonie. MWHAHAHAHA. ENJOYYYYY!
How to listen
In this episode I mention:
Want to find all of my podcast episodes?
Just pop over here treasure!
You can also just sit on your couch and yell “OK Google! Play me “Leonie Dawson Refuses To Be Categorised” podcast!” and your digital servant shall administer to your needs.
Who gives a fuck about privacy when you can have a little robot assistant at your beck and call so you may never leave the couch again.
HONESTLY HOW GOOD IS LIFE.