Hola gorgeous Goddess,
It’s that time of the week again… Switch Off Sunday!
Each Sunday, I take either the whole day or the afternoon off from being online.
And you can join in too if you are called!
Last Switch Off Sunday recap
But first… how did my last Sunday go, once I actually got off my ass and switched off my laptop?
We met up with dear friends at the Hall Markets for the morning. We wandered about in the spring sunshine and actually managed to get a touch of sunburn on our shoulders! Holy revolutionary batman – I don’t think my skin has seen this much warm sun since February. Oh hallowed, hallowed spring. With the return of warmth, I feel myself going into what is my favourite seasons of creativity. Around summer, I find myself bursting out of my skin with energy to work on projects. I wonder what will happen this summer?
Mission Make Room For Baby is becoming a mountain trek, and these two Scorpios much prefer quick races. We’ve decided to ignore it until three days before visitors arrive, when sheer necessity will actually cause us to reclaim back Guest Room from the piles. (I’m so happy to admit that I’m really over transformation, and don’t want to do much
more cleansing right now less it cause some more big change in my life. Living under a rock feels very soothing right now. hee hee hee!)
And I managed to finish reading Living the Good Life: How One Family Changed Their World From Their Own Backyard which was a glorious read on living out of your backyard. Inspiring and lovely and good. Highly recommended!
All in all, it was a restful, glorious day. (Even when I was hiding out from having to do any more decluttering).
Switch Off Sundays are starting to become a necessary way to refill my well.
You are so welcome to join me in switching off, for the day or the afternoon or two hours… and re-discovering the joys of being switched onto life outside the laptop.
Facebook, Google Reader, Twitter, blogs and your inbox will all be there tomorrow waiting for you. But Sundays are for beautiful recharging 🙂
Some ideas for your own Switch off Sunday:
- Make a goddess statue out of clay
- Declutter one shelf or draw (I’ve got an asteroid of studio papers to clean up… one pile at a time!)
- Sit in the sun and wind for ten minutes
- Harvest some herbs (We’ve got lavendars in full bloom at the moment… I wonder how I can make lavendar oil?)
- Make something gourmet for lunch! (Today I made gluten free spaghetti with a vegetarian tomato & basil sauce… holy delicious! We ate it in the garden & I felt oh so Italiano!)
- Read poetry, SARK or a Mills & Boon. Variety is gorgeous 🙂
- Take a Meditationap
- Do something unexpectedly sweet for someone you love
- Write a letter
- Do that one thing you’ve been meaning to do for about 18 months now
- Nap/read in bed/read in the bath.
Time to switch off… and adore this sumptuous day.
What are you planning for your Switch off Sunday?
love you big time,