Are you currently experiencing a slow patch in your business?
Now is the perfect time to start doing some “Slow Patch” activities to catch up on old work, market for new customers and prepare for the next busy patch in your business!
35 Things To Do When Business Is Slow
- Create a new service or offering
- Create (or grow) your mailing list
- Create a lead magnet or free opt-in to get people onto your mailing list
- Do pro bono work
- Read a book
- Write a book
- Go to a networking event
- Host a webinar
- Host a giveaway
- Revisit your goals workbook (or if you haven’t done them yet… do your business planning with them!)
- Take on a wild donkey project
- Offer a special promo
- Send thank you letters to your ten best clients
- Ask your customers for referrals
- Give gifts or discounts in return for referrals
- Collect testimonials to advertise your work
- Go on a gratitude binge. (Use the free gratitude diary!)
- Read 100+ Ways To Market Your Biz… and use it like a checklist. DO THE THINGS!
- Declutter + decorate your office
- Catch up on all the admin work that got ignored during your busy periods
- Batch create and schedule blog posts and/or social media posts for the next few months (it will help when things get busy again!)
- Review your expenses
- Refresh your website
- Start a podcast
- Catch up with business associates you’ve been meaning to connect with
- Create a joint venture with a business who has a similar target market
- SELF CARE SELF CARE SELF CARE (aka: prevent burnout)
- Develop a new income stream
- Immerse yourself in positivity by listening to audiobooks or inspirational podcasts
- Review your list of customers and contacts to see how you can help them next
- Find a mastermind
- Catch up on bookkeeping, taxes and things you’ve been putting off
- Record 10 short videos answering the top questions clients ask you and pop them up everrrrywhere online
- Do a blog or podcast tour
- Have a motherfucking hollllllliday… make up for all the times you can’t! Plus… having time away often breeds new ideas and fresh inspiration!
Want the printable poster?
I turned this list into a colourful printable poster for you as well… pop your email in below and you’ll receive it AND all my other free posters too! HOORAY!
I hope these resources are so useful for you!
Most of all… take heart! Every business has its slow patches. And you can use this time to create something even bigger, better and brighter for the future.