Hey beautiful hearts!
Each week, we hang out together as a gaggle of goddesses & make our gorgeous lives a little clearer, calmer and more zen. We do one Zen Your Life project together for the day… an easy, possible kind of project… just one small thing to make our lives more zen.
When we make space in our lives, we are making room for even more delight, comfort, magic and love to enter.
Sound like yummy delicious fun? Want some more zen goodness in your life?
Hurrah! Let’s start! We can doooo eeeeeeeet!
Today, your Zen Your Life project is:
Make your shoe cupboard fit for a Goddess’ foot. Let go of all shoes that do not fit the bill.
You have some gorgeous goddess toesies. It’s true. They deserve to be adorned with love and comfort.
They don’t need a bazillion pairs of shoes. And they most definitely do not need to be adorned with things that hurt them, are uncomfortable to walk in, or don’t make them feel loved or shiny.
So go through your shoes today dearheart.
Make this your checklist:
- Do they fit properly? If no, OUT. Your feet are not going to change shape or size to fit your shoes.
- Do they give you blisters or squished toes? You’re not going to wear them in hon. I held on to a pair of 10 hole Doc Marten’s for 14 years, hoping against hope that I would one day, eventually, wear them in and they would stop rubbing the back of my right heel. Guess what? They just weren’t right for my feet. Maybe for some other goddess’, but not mine. I needed to let them go for them to fulfill their destiny of actually being worn.
- Will you ever wear them? Be honest here. Let’s not keep shoes for once in a lifetime glass-slipper-balls-with-handsome-princes. For one thing, glass slippers suck. For another, your beautiful, precious, miracle life is today, not some off-in-the-distant-fairytale-land. Only keep shoes that are supporting you now.
- Do you smile when you wear them? I have shoes that aren’t the prettiest things in the world… but my goodness, I adore them. They are kind to my feet. They walk my journey with me. They feel like old, wonderful, loving friends. Let your shoes be your friends.
- Do you really need 22 pairs of shoes? I’m just asking. Maybe you do, maybe you don’t. Maybe, just maybe, there is a possibility that you’ll feel life is a little simpler, a little less complicated, a whole lot more calm when your feet don’t have to choose between 22 partners everyday.
Need some accountability?
You can use the above buttons on your blog, and photograph your progress. You can check-in to the Comments Circle. You can write out your Zen Goddess goal on a scrap of paper beside you.
Whatever you need to do to give yourself the support you need, do it.
Loving you, fellow Zennifying Goddessa!