We’ve had so much fun doing monthly reviews this last year… why don’t I do an annual review of my business to share with you?
In Australia, our financial year goes from July-June. I haven’t finalised my calendar year figures, and that’s probably a month off at least, so I might as well share financial year results instead!
Most Popular E-Courses:
- Sales Star: $211,000
- Marketing Without Social Media: $187,000
- 40 Days To Create & Sell Your E-Course: $130,000
- Money, Manifesting & Multiple Streams of Income: $88,000
- Work Less, Earn More: $87,000
- 40 Days To Finish Your Book: $60,000
- Behind The Scenes of a Millionaire’s Finances: $6,000
New Things I Created This Year
- Marketing Without Social Media workshop
- Work Less, Earn More workshop
- Calm Christmas planner
- Behind The Scenes of A Multi-Millionaire’s Finances
- Goal Getter Life workbook
- Goal Getter Biz workbook
- Goal Getter Weekly Planner
- Goal Getter Daily To Do List
We did a big list cleanse this year and our list size dropped from 55,000 to 45,000.
Don’t use anymore weeeeeeeee hooray!
I recorded 67 podcast episodes in the past year.
Here’s my current all time listens:
We had over 20,000 on our previous platform before we moved to Anchor.fm, so about 96,000 all up. Not bad for something I put fuck all thought or planning into… or even refuse to name properly. HO HO HO.
Most exciting to me is the session duration… I love that people are hanging out so long on my website!
Years ago I tried having a large team of 20+ people and… I hated it. It was more stressful to manage, less fun & it took too much time away from my family.
I like to keep a super simple, stress-free business now.
Showing off our team uniforms! Ha!
I work about 10 hours a week.
I have two part time assistants:
- Customer service: 3-5 hours a week.
- Online Business Manager: 20 hours a week.
All up, we do about 35 hours a week – less than one full time person! Ha!
Incase you’re wondering what my Online Business Manager’s job entails, I dug out this slide from Work Less, Earn More:
Most Popular Blog Posts
I published 197 blog posts this year (!!!!)
Here’s the 10 most popular:
- 49 Interesting Things I Found Lately
- Behind The Scenes of A Business Photoshoot
- October 2021 Biz & Life Review
- One Month of No Internet Browsing or Shopping
- An Important Post About My Gender Identity & Pronouns
- My Favourite Autism Books & Resources
- Why Me & My Business Don’t Do Social Media Anymore
- Illustrated Notes on David Allen’s Getting Things Done System
- 10 Mistakes You Are Making With Your Sales Page
- How To Sell More With Blogging
Current list of software I use to run my business:
- Kajabi for most things in my business:
- ActiveCampaign to send all our marketing emails.
- Optin Monster to create all the pop-ups, reminder windows & lead magnet forms on my website.
- Calendly to screen interviewers and book in interviews.
- Xero is my accounting & financial management system.
- I host my WordPress websites on WPEngine.
More tools of the trade here if you find that kind of thing useful!
I discussed my philanthropic approach for the year in this post.
In the end I donated a total of $30,052.
- $10,000 to Australian Conservation Foundation
- $5,000 to Australian Wildlife Conservancy
- $5,000 to Bush Heritage Australia
- $5,000 to Friends of the Earth
- $2,000 to Minus18.org.au
- $1,000 to OzHarvest – that will provide 4,000 meals to families in Australia struggling with food instability.
- $1,000 to Doctors Without Borders.
- $1,000 to SevGen – a local Indigenous social enterprise
- $52 to Smith Family
It’s been a big, beautiful year. And I’m excited to see what 2022 brings!
Want to do your own business review to help your business grow?
If you’d like to do an annual review of your business to see your wins & learn important lessons, I recommend going through the Goal Getter Biz workbook! It’s my review & goal planning system that I’ve used in my business for over 10 years with huge results.
Big love to you!
- Newsletter with absoloodely everything I create
- Weekly love letters
- Podcast: Leonie Dawson Refuses To Be Categorised
- A library of free treasures
- Goal Getter workbooks for 2022 & beyond!
- Calm Christmas Planner
- Salt: a hottttt romance novella (published under my pen name Lola Leigh)